Lease ICD Property for your Deer Hunt
Two parcels are leased each year on our 200 beautiful acres with a variety of natural habitats including woodland, prairie and wetland.
2017 REGISTRATION PERIOD: August 1st – September 15th
Leases for deer hunting are available in 2-week blocks for the bow, gun and muzzle loader seasons.
Leases will begin October 1st and end December 18th.
There are 2 zones available for lease during each 2-week block. A maximum of 2 adult hunters will be permitted in each zone during each hunting period. Adult hunters may bring a youth hunter (under the age of 16) with them during their lease period. Encourage our next generation of outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen!
Leases will be issued for the following time periods:
- October 1 through October 15
- October 16 through October 29
- October 30 through November 12
- November 15 through November 30
- December 2 through December 14
- December 2 through December 18
Hunters must be listed on a fully paid lease and provide a copy of their hunting license and state identification to receive permission to hunt on Ingham Conservation District Property. Youth hunters will be required to provide proof of a completed hunter safety course.
$500.00 for each 2-week block
Hunters may register for up to 2, two-week blocks
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your lease at the time you register.
- All hunters must abide by Michigan hunting rules and regulations*, including licensing.
- All hunters must follow Ingham Conservation District’s rules and guidelines.
- Blinds and stands are permitted provided they are constructed in a manner that does not damage the trees located on lease premises. No nails or spikes are allowed.
- Blinds and stands may be set up on the first day of the lease and must be removed by the last day of the lease (special permissions may be given on a case by case basis and must be cleared through Ingham Conservation District administrative staff)
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted outside of designated parking areas. In the event of a handicapped lessee, limited motorized access may be made available. This permission will be granted on a case by case basis and must be cleared through Ingham Conservation District administrative staff.
Please contact us if you have further questions at (517) 676-2290.
*Please note that Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) has been reported in Ingham County. It is strongly recommended that all deer harvested in the county be tested. Baiting and feeding are prohibited. For more information on CWD and new requirements visit the State of MI website.
Traditional hunter safety classes are Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. A new option in 2016 was a one-day field day for students who have completed the coursework online. Lunch is provided each day to attendees. Parents and guardians are welcome, but do not need to be present during these classes unless your child is under 10 years old.
2017 dates TBA. Registration will be available through Pheasants Forever’s Events page.